Dothan Downtown Tours
“Not Just Another Walk in the Dark!”
This walking tour is designed to give you a full 1-2 hours to learn a little about the history of Dothan, Alabama. Included in this walking tour, you will also get to hear some historical facts, legends, and ghostly tales!
Our guide will take you through the lovely historic Downtown Dothan; this is certain to enlighten you about the shady history of the town. By the close of the tour, everyone will have learned a little something about our special town and how it came to be what it is today. Maybe even feel a little closer to knowing the people that build this city.
MAKE PLANS TO ARRIVE 15 MINUTES AHEAD OF SCHEDULE
Our walking tours offer more than just a historical tale. It will make you feel as though you are stepping back in time to learn its rich history in the building of this country.
In order that your walking tour is highly adventurous, you will need to do the following:
- Ensure you are wearing clothing that is loose-fitting and comfortable, as well as your footwear (it is advisable to wear closed-toe shoes, since the town of Dothan are mostly built on uneven surfaces)
- Bring along a camera. You never know what will happen along the way!
- If it is overcast and looks like there is a threat of rain; bring along an umbrella. We are not going to cancel a tour because of a few raindrops. The only reason we would cancel a tour is if there was the threat of a SEVERE storm or other weather conditions.
- Bring bug spray along.
- Avoid wearing any scents that are overbearing as some tourist are sensitive to fragrances.
- We also need to be alerted to any medical conditions or allergies you may have.
The tour guides who take you on the tour are appreciative of any gratuity; however, it is not an obligation.
Please keep in mind that this is NOT going to be some spooky performance that is done for entertainment purposes. We are not paid entertainers or actors. There will be no ghosts in white sheets trying to scare you around every corner. This is a serious tour that is meant to be a learning experience.
So come with an open mind and the expectation that you are going to learn a lot of information about this old town and its history.
Most of all is to be prepared to have a good time!
Friday, April 3 at 5:30 – 8:00 PM CST (approximately 2 hours)
Saturday, April 4 at 5:30 – 8:00 pm CST (approximately 2 hrs in length) by reservations only!
Friday and Saturday Evening at 5:30 – 8:00 pm CST (approximately 2 hrs in length) by reservations only!
Private Tours are available, but must be reserved in advance due to scheduling.
We are not able to accept cash payments at the time for the walking tour. Tickets must be purchased online in advance. You will be asked to show proof of purchase and your id prior to the walking tour so make sure to arrive 15 minutes early.